jueves, 29 de mayo de 2008

Nar


Nar
Cargado originalmente por balavenise
histoire : fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grenade_(fruit)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pomegranate

very interesting page here :
""""""The fruit has long been a religious and artistic symbol. It is described in the most ancient of Asian literature. In the Old Testament, Solomon sang of an “orchard of pomegranates.” Because of its role in the Greek legend of Persephone, the pomegranate came to symbolize fertility, death, and eternity and was an emblem of the Eleusinian Mysteries. In Christian art, it is a symbol of hope. ."""""""""
www.answers.com/topic/pomegranate?cat=technology

""""""""""""""""Ezra Pound and Noel Stock translated, second hand, the following "Garden Song" from ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics:

"The pomegranate speaks:
My leaves are like your teeth
My fruit like your breasts.
I, the most beautiful of fruits,
Am present in all weathers, all seasons
As the lover stays forever with the beloved,
Drunk on 'shedeh' and wine.
All the trees lose their leaves, all
Trees but the pomegranate.
I alone in all the garden lose not my beauty,
I remain straight.
When my leaves fall,
New leaves are budding.

First among fruits
I demand that my position be acknowledged,
I will not take second place.
And if I receive such an insult again
You will never hear the end of it...."

(This translation was based on Boris de Rachewiltz' literal renderings into Italian of papyri and pottery dating back to 1567-1085 BCE.) """"""""""
www.soupsong.com/fpomegra.html

No hay comentarios: